Saturday, February 2, 2013

Be Who You Really Are. Work. Enjoy.


“Often people attempt to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so that they will be happier.  The way it actually works is the reverse.  You must first be who you really are, then, do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.”
Margaret Young

Quote from the book, “The Artist's Way” by Julia Cameron 

Over the last several years, I have really defined who I am personally and in business.  Anyone that knows me can probably agree I am an open book.  (My face usually gives me away!)  I prefer to be direct but have compassion and truly enjoy helping people.  I know that I couldn’t do anything in business unless it was helping individuals achieve their goals.
business, consultant, perspective, job, career, inspiration
Don't make me mad. I still make this face.
When I changed my career goals from “attaining a certain income level” to “focusing on helping people,” I was able to achieve living a comfortable life and  I am happy at the same time.  I do work extra hard to fund my travel habits but I don’t mind because I love what I do!  Perspective of how you view your situation, job, or relationship is really what shapes how we view our success and happiness. 

Create your own definition of both and do the work to get there. 
  
Empires aren’t built in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment