Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One of LA's Best-Kept Secrets... Lake Shrine


Lake Shrine is what they describe as a "spiritual sanctuary," located just a mile from the Pacific Ocean.  There is a natural spring-fed lake and beautiful gardens, which creates the perfect atmosphere to break away from the chaos of Los Angeles.  I was introduced to this place by a dear friend and am thankful to have found a place within the city I can retreat to.  Whether I just want to reflect, reset or even just surround myself with nature, this is truly one of the best-kept secrets of LA. 

  I enjoy soaking up the surrounding, especially all the beautiful flowers.  It is the perfect oasis to read or write or even just be.  An interesting fact about Lake Shrine, is that Gandhi selected five places in the world for his ashes to buried and Lake Shrine is one of them.  There is definitely a special energy here, which I find comforting and inspiring.  

What inspires you?


No comments:

Post a Comment